Last week, I talked about resolution we all have for each New Year. How serious were you about it?
Let’s say that you have set up goals for 2012, and you want to be more relaxed and you want to have a healthier life than last year.
Then, it is time for you to empower your own word.
We are all human, and I know how easily we can be discouraged when it is the moment to take some action. That’s why it makes sense to start with realistic goals at first.
There are different and easy ways to relieve stress that you are facing every day. As mentioned already in this blog, this condition has to be taken seriously if you want to feel good mentally and physically.
You can always find excuse not having time to look after yourself. But you have to ask yourself whether it makes sense to take care of others and not doing it for you. Sometimes, it can be helpful to be selfish.
It should be possible for you to find a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes a day as a start in order to notice some improvement.
Here are some basic options that you can try today to relieve stress:
– Find a quiet room in your place and sit comfortably. You can either: just take deep breath or listen relaxing music. If you don’t have such music. You can go to Youtube.com and search for ‘relaxing music’, you will get load of them.
– Sit in a park and take several deep fresh airs to evacuate tension.
– At work, during your breaks, go outside to get new air. Don’t hesitate to walk.
– Book an appointment for a massage or reflexology treatment.
Healthy life now!
In order to get a healthier life, it does not need to be a radical change but rather progressive actions to accustomed the body.
– Reducing of alcohol and caffeine intake
– Drink 1, 5 litre a day
– Eat well : Make sure every meal is balanced – Each time (every 3 hours), small quantity is recommended: incorporate proteins like fish, lean meats, egg whites, fist-sized portions of complex carbohydrates like brown rice (eliminate white rice), whole-wheat bread and pasta, multigrain cereal and potatoes, and fist-sized portions of vegetable and fruits
– Exercise and exercise. It is never too much to repeat how important your body need some activity in order to proper function. Again, no need to prepare for the marathon (it’s ok if you can do it!). If you get bored easily, you can always vary your activities (gym, walk outside, dance at home, etc…).
By eating well, and by increasing your level of physical activity, you are telling your body that you want to burn a substantial amount of fuel. This means to burn fat more efficiently for energy.
Also, what you need to realize is that staying active and eating right are critical for long-term health and wellness.
Finally, taking action to make some change in your life required motivation and energy. You might find this self-help program useful if you want to achieve your goal faster.